Specialist Availability - Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. R. Mahesh Karthik
MBBS, DNB (Ortho),
MIOT International, India
Get going again!
One careless step, a momentary distraction, a split second decision that goes wrong, or just plain bad luck! The incident may have been a vehicle accident, a sports injury or a harmless walk down the road, leaving you with a dysfunctional, disfigured or partly destroyed limb. It limits a bright future and makes every day unbearable. But this does not have to happen anymore.
Today with advanced Trauma & Reconstructive surgery you can avoid or minimize scars while limbs can be saved or restored to near original status so that there are no movement difficulties nor drastic changes in appearance. With skilled, trained and experienced Specialists, this restoration is possible for patients who have just been brought into Emergency or for those who have lived with the trauma for several years.
We, at MIOT Pacific Hospitals are happy to present Dr. Mahesh Karthik, a highly skilled Orthopaedic surgeon who is adept at the following specialties,
- Trauma – ORIF of common fractures, Nailing of long bones.
- Paediatric orthopaedics – VDO, Assisted foot deformity corrections, DDH-osteotomies.
- Hand and microvascular surgery – UL vascular and nerve repair, tendon injuries, scaphoid and perilunate fixations.
- Spine trauma – deformity correction and other disorders.
- Hip, Knee and shoulder reconstruction – primary and revision joint reconstructions of knee and hip, reverse shoulder, TSA.
- Sports medicine – Diagnostic scopy and ligament reconstructions of knee, rotator cuff, remplissage and bankarts of shoulder.
- Microvascular and flap surgeries – gastrocnemius and reverse sural, soleus flaps.