Our Pathology Laboratory provides services in Biochemistry, Haematology, Serology, Microbiology, Histology and Cytology. For specialized tests not available locally, we refer directly to an overseas Laboratory service provider. While our rates are competitive, we maintain stringent international standards including regular participation in internal and external quality control (Royal College of Pathologist of Australasia Quality Assurance Program & Pacific Paramedical Training College Quality Assurance Program – New Zealand). The Pathology Laboratory has been in operation for the last thirteen years and is well complemented with qualified staff.
The opening hours of the Pathology Laboratory is as follows:
- Monday-Friday: 8am-8:30pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 8am – 4:30pm
- After hours service is provided through callback with additional callback fee.
- Pathology Laboratory contact detail: 322 0113 or email Team Leader Pathology on firstname.lastname@example.org
Tests for Glucose, Renal Function Test, Liver Function test, Lipids testing (includes Cholesterol, Triglycerides, Low Density Lipoprotein, Very Low Density Liporotein and High Density ipoprotein), Cardiac Enzymes, highly sensitive Troponin, high sensitive C-Reactive Protein, Rheumatoid Factor, Anti Stretolysin O Titre, Iron Studies, Haemoglobin A1c, Microalbumin, Thyroid Function test, Tumour Marker (Alpha Feto Protein, Cancer Antigen 125, Carcino Embryonic Antigen and Prostate Specific Antigen), Hormones (Follicle Stimulating Hormone, Luteinizing Hormone, Oestrogen, Testosterone, Progesterone and Prolactin), Pregnancy test (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin quantitative), Rubella IgG, Vitamin B12 and Folate. All these results have a Turn around Time (results available) of 3hrs. Uses State of Art technology for the Biochemistry testing – Cobas6000 from Roche Diagnostic New Zealand
Haematology and Blood Bank
- Full Blood Count (FBC) & Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate – TAT of 1hr
- Blood Film – TAT of 1-3hrs
- Bone marrow examination by Pathologist (local or Laverty Pathology) – TAT of 1-2weeks<,li>
- Coagulation Studies: Iinternational Normalized Ratio or Prothromin Ratio, Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time and D-dimer with a TAT of 1hr.
- Crossmatch – Red Blood Cell compatibility test for blood transfusion including Blood Group/Type with TAT of 1-2hrs.
- Sysmex1000i from Roche Diagnostics New Zealand
Histology and Cytology
- Histology samples with a TAT of 1-2weeks (currently done at Laverty Pathology Australia)
- Fine Needle Aspiration and cytology of body fluids with a TAT of 1-2weeks (currently done at Laverty Pathology Australia)
- Pap Smear and Thin Prep with a TAT of 1-2weeks (currently done at Laverty Pathology Australia).
Bacterial studies including bacterial culture and susceptibility testing with a TAT of 3-4days. Samples include urine, blood,
Cerebrospinal Fluid, throat/ear swab and other human body fluids/samples.
Human Immuno-deficiency Virus (HIV) testing, Hepatitis A, B & C testing, Dengue test, Widal (Salmonella typhi testing), Leptospirosis test, Syphilis screen, Helicobacter test, Antenatal Screening, Malarial screening and Infectious mononucleosis test. All these tests have TAT of 3-4hrs.
Long term business relationship with Symbion Laverty Pathology and the following common tests get referred to Laverty Pathology for testing and these tests usually have TAT of 1-2weeks:
|Vitamin D||Allergy test including food panel||RBC antibody Screen|
|AFB/TB screening including TB Gold||Cortisol||Alcohol (including legal purpose and company medical)|
|Chromosomal Studies||ANCA||Androgen Profile|
|ANA and Anti-DNA (screen for systemic lupus and other connective tissue diseases)||Rubella IgG||Anti Cardiolipin antibody|
|Anti-Glomerular Basement Membrane||Anti CCP||Anti ENA|
|Anti Endomysial antibodies||Anti-GAD antibodies||Anti Gliadin antibodies|
|Anti-Insulin antibodies||Anti-Sperm Abs||Thyroid antibodies|
|HLA B27||Drug of abuse (urine)||Bromide|
|C peptide||C3 & C4||CA19.9 (Bowel/Colon)|
|CA 15.3 (Breast)||Carbamazepine||Catecholamine|
|Triple antigen (Down’s syndrome screen- 14 to 21 weeks gestation)||Protein & Haemoglobin Electrophoresis||Herpes Simplex Virus Screening|
|HIV western Blot||Homocysteine||Blood Lead|
|Lipase||Lithium||PTH (Parathyroid Hormone)|
|Toxoplasma Abs||Cytomegalovirus screen|
About Laverty Pathology Australia
Laverty Pathology is a comprehensive medical laboratory and pathology practice with laboratory and patient pathology collection center locations throughout NSW and ACT and has accreditation of laboratory services by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) and Quality Management Standards including Australian Standard AS ISO 15189.